Sunday, September 5, 2010

address my letters to Mustang, Oklahoma!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
So, I decided to start a new blog for just Paramedic Intern stuff. John and arrived in Oklahoma City on Saturday. We had a looooooong 20+ hour drive, but we had a blast! On our way here we drove through Kansas were I saw a sign for the worlds largest prarie dog and a live 5 legged cow! I begged John to stop but he said that we could on the way home!



Today has been one of the hardest days for me. I had to say goodbye to John. We have only been apart for a week before and that was really hard for us. I never cry and John NEVER EVER cries and we both cried A LOT today. Sending him on the plane was one of the hardest things I have ever done. He told me not to look back and he said he couldn't or else he would start crying again, but he told me later that he looked back twice. I love that boy so much. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband who loves me and supports me. He left a note for me under my bed, so that I would find it when I went to bed. He is the sweetest person in the world. He has made this a lot easier becuase he is so posotive. He keeps telling me that he will be back before I know it to come get me and that we won't have to be apart again. He tells me that I am going to have a blast! I hope so, and I hope the 10 weeks goes by fast. He gave me a blessing before he left, and I have never heard more beautiful words come out of someone's mouth. I love that boy with all my heart and I am the luckiest girl in the world.



I have orientation on Tuesday, where I find out who my preceptor will be and what my shifts are. I am pretty sure that I work 4 days on and 3 days off. I have to do 40 12 hour shifts and then I get to come home. I am going to make a countdown! I am taking 8 credits on top of my internship online, so hopefully I will stay busy and not think about John. We have a really nice pool here at our apartment complex and I have my own room so I can't complain too much. The weather here is nice and hot, just the way I like it :) I'll post pics of my apartment soon and let you know my schedule when I get it! Pray for me that I do well and that it goes by fast. I am going to make the most out of this. I am nervous but excited to start on the ambulance. I hope I learn a ton and that this is a posotive experience for me.



Love you all!! Thanks for your love and support

-Emily (Future Paramedic)



p.s. if anyone knows me they know I LOVE MAIL!!!! so feel free to send it my way :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are starting this blog. What a good idea! Your comments about John melted my heart. Have fun. Be safe.
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Divine,

    Hope this goes by super fast so you and John can be back together. Learn alot and have fun, be healthy and safe. Super excited you started this blog. I will be praying for you.
    Aunt DeLaneeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete